Junior Triathlon is for youth ages 8- 13.
Packet Pickup is Saturday, August 27, 2016, 7:15 AM - 8:45 AM at Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Park. No packets can be picked up after 8:45 AM! PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY!
Packets for Junior Triathlon may also be picked up at Runner's Edge on:
Wednesday, August 24, 2016 (3:00 PM - 7:00 PM)
Thursday, August 25, 2016 (3:00 PM - 7:00 PM)
FIRST WAVE 9:15 AM SHARP - PLEASE ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 8:00AM *MANDATORY SAFETY MEETING AT 9:00AM
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE JUNIOR TRIATHLON:
1. The first wave of the Runner’s Edge-TOBAY Junior Triathlon will start in the beach area promptly at 9:15 AM. Packet pickup will end at 8:45 AM.
2. Every child must wear the brightly colored swim cap that we provide, and must wear the bib number that we provide on the front of his or her shirt. Each youngster will be timed using timing chip provided.
3. Every child must wear an approved hard or soft shell helmet at all times while on the bike, and it must be strapped before mounting and until after dismounting.
4. Water shoes or swim socks strongly encouraged for the swim.
5. Every child who finishes will receive a medal when he or she crosses the finish line.
6. Finally, and most important of all, keep in mind that this event is intended to be FUN for the children rather than a cutthroat competitive event. Please refrain from doing anything that would be inconsistent with the spirit of the event, or that would potentially jeopardize any child’s safety or potentially interfere with any child’s enjoyment of the event. Courtesy and sportsmanship should be practiced by both parents and children at