RACE WITH US
GLIRC supports both the GLIRC Men's Racing Team and Fast Feet Women's Racing Team - a hard-working group of athletes that value competing as much as giving back to the community.
JOIN A WELL-ROUNDED RACING TEAM
Our racing teams consist of hard-working athletes who prioritize their competition as much as their contribution to the Long Island running community.
We first and foremost look for athletes who enjoy training, racing, and competing, but off the road, track, and trails, we value runners that want to give back to the Long Island running community, and support their fellow teammates by contributing to a positive, fun, and encouraging team atmosphere.
All Club members are eligible to join the GLIRC Men's Team or Fast Feet Women's Team. Times are not a pre-requisite for joining, but you must maintain the following to be in good standings with the team.
- All team members must maintain an active GLIRC membership
- All team members must be Long Island Track & Field (LITF) members with GLIRC as their club affiliation (affiliation code #24)
- All team members must compete in a minimum of three LITF team races each year
- All team members must volunteer at a minimum of three GLIRC events each year
- All team members are required to wear the team uniform in all road races that they run in (local or destination races) and when accepting race awards
RACING TEAM PERKS
- No-cost team uniform
- Ability to purchase additional specialized team-only apparel through the year
- Access to the racing teams' Facebook group for updates on team performance, team outings, and upcoming races
- Invitation to the annual team dinner
- Run on an Ocean to Sound team with your teammates
- Yearly team outings including training runs, social events, and more
For more information, and to request team membership please contact the appropriate team captain.
GLIRC Men's Racing Team
Captain Mike Fernandez
Fast Feet Women's Racing Team
Captain Sue Fitzpatrick